KUCIMAT Career Mentoring Award
The KUCIMAT Award for Career Mentoring recognizes an outstanding KUCIMAT who has made a significant contribution to the career development of new talent in professional public service. This Award recognizes an individual whose service supporting, mentoring, and championing of others has been judged by his or her peers as strong or exceptional.
Specific activities to be considered may include:
- A pattern of leadership in regional, state, and national management associations.
- A pattern of support to peers, colleagues, and those entering the profession as a mentor, counselor, advocate, champion, or "sage."
- A pattern of sharing and disseminating insights/knowledge through writing, participation on conference sessions, guest lecturing, etc
- A pattern of offering assistance through a one-on-one coaching, mentoring, etc (both formally and informally).
- A pattern of teaching, lecturing, and/or supervising of interns and fellows.
We are excited to offer this award for the first time at the 2023 KUCIMAT virtual reception. Please consider nominating someone for our inaugural award.