Public Policy Certificate
Public policy shapes the behavior of individuals, organizations, and corporations and affects almost every aspect of society.
The ability to develop “good” public policy requires both a strong analytical base and political astuteness.
The required courses in the certificate establish a contextual and analytical foundation, equipping students with the ability to both prospectively assess and retrospectively evaluate public initiatives.
Electives enable additional exploration of particular policy areas.
- The certificate requires 4 courses for a total of 12 graduate credit hours.
- Other courses may be substituted with the approval of the MPA Faculty Director.
- Students pursuing more than one SPAA certificate may use a maximum of one course to count toward both certificates.
(6 credit hours)
Elective Course Options
- Students may select one of the Urban Planning course options as an elective course toward certificate completion.
- 2 courses (6 credit hours) from the following or another department-approved graduate course:
Questions about MPA?
Program and admission information
Cari Ann Kreienhop, Graduate Programming and Career Service Manager
Issues submitting application
KU Graduate Studies