Performance Management Certificate
Effectiveness, efficiency, public accountability, and the better alignment of resources and managerial actions with organizational mission are key goals of public and nonprofit management.
This certificate is designed for those individuals who wish to develop skill sets in managing performance and in fostering innovative changes to deliver greater value to the public.
Managerial strategies, organizational change movement, governance thinking, and quantitative analysis are emphasized in the coursework.
- The certificate requires 4 courses for a total of 12 graduate credit hours.
- Other courses may be substituted with the approval of the MPA Faculty Director.
- Students pursuing more than one SPAA certificate may use a maximum of one course to count towards both certificates.
- Please note that PUAD 857 and PUAD 858 are only scheduled every other year.
- Meet with the MPA Program Manager to schedule your program and certificate start appropriately.
(3 credit hours)
- PUAD 857 Performance Management and Governance
Required Elective Courses
(9 credit hours)
- The 3 elective courses (9 credit hours) must be selected from the following:
- PUAD 854 Innovation and Organizational Change
- PUAD 858 Performance Audit
- PUAD 861 Data Analytics
- PUAD 853 Policy Analysis - OR - PUAD 863 Program Evaluation
PUAD 853 Policy Analysis and PUAD 863 Program Evaluation may not both be counted toward completion of the Performance Management graduate certificate.
See Graduate Certificates for admissions and application requirements.